IELTS Preparation Program
This exam preparation program will prepare you for the IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems) test. This is the ideal test if you need to study or work where English is the language of communication especially for Cambodian students who want to apply for scholarship to study abroad.
This Program will:
- prepare you for both the Academic and General IELTS test
- give you the necessary skills and confidence to help you take the test
- improve your English
- give you individual feedback
- be taught by qualified teachers
- 40 hours per course
- Maximum 25 students per class
- Focus on Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking
- Qualified and supportive teachers with at least IELTS 7.5
- Individual feedback and support
- What is IELTS?
IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System. It is an international English test which has been recognized throughout the world. Non-native English language users generally take this IELTS test to confirm their English proficiency. For example, Khmer students have to take IELTS (or other standardized English language tests) if they wish to continue their studies whose medium of communication is English language.
- Is there anything special with IELTS Preparation course at Edniche?
Since scoring high in IELTS is not that easy, Edniche English School has developed IELTS Preparation courses specifically to help prepare those who wish to get ready before taking an official IELTS test. The courses do not only introduce students to IELTS test, but also teach them necessary English language lessons. The following are 5 facts about Edniche IELTS Preparation Courses:
- Learners are guided to have insight into the format of IELTS test and its types of questions.
- They are given helpful tips and practical experiences regarding all parts of IELTS test like listening, reading, writing and speaking
- They are provided with necessary English lessons to improve their English ability.
- Students are required to do many sample IELTS tests.
- Especially, learners are engaged in real class teaching and individual problem consultation.
- Who are teachers in IELTS Preparation Courses?
All teachers of IELTS Preparation Courses at Edniche English School are required to obtain 5 qualifications below:
- Holds a bachelor degree in English teaching TEFL or similar.
- Scores at least 7(Level 1 class) or 7.5(Level 2 class) in IELTS.
- Has gone through training courses like TESOL or others.
- Is dedicated to help students learn and progress.
- Makes it easy for students to ask questions and is open-minded.
- How many levels are there in IELTS Preparation Courses?
IELTS Preparation Courses are divided into 2 levels. Level 1 is for those who can score 4 or 4.5 in IELTS and expect to get 5.5 after the course, and Level 2 is for those who can score 5 or 6 in IELTS and expect to get 6.5 or 7 after the course.
- Does Edniche guarantee the official IELTS test result of the student after taking the course?
No. This is a short preparation course; it lasts for only 40 hours. Students are strongly encouraged to enroll in Edniche Guaranteed General English Program (GGEP) to be guaranteed an IELTS score of 6 or Academic English (AE) to be guaranteed an IELTS score of 7 after graduation.
- How many hours do I need to study for one level?
For one level, you study for 40 hours which is about 2 months and a half.
- How many hours a day do I need to study?
You learn only on Saturday (morning or afternoon) depending on the schedule, and you will study for 4 hours.
- What is the maximum number of students in one class?
One class has a maximum of 25 people.
- Do I need to take a test before enrolling in IELTS Preparation Courses?
Before attending IELTS Preparation Courses, you must take a placement test first. To join Level 1 of IELTS Preparation course, you need to get level 9 of Guaranteed General English Program which is Pre-Intermediate level of English. To join Level 2 of IELTS Preparation course, you need to get level 11 of Guaranteed General English Program which is Intermediate level of English.
- Can you tell me briefly about the placement test?
The placement test lasts for approximately 2 hours. It tests on the four skills like an IELTS test. They are Listening Skills (25 points), Reading Skills (25 points), Writing Skills (25 points) and Speaking Skills (25 points).
- Do I have to pay for the placement test?
That test at Edniche English School is free of charge, but you need to deposit $10. When you enroll at any level, you’ll get back that $10.
- When can I take the placement test?
You can take the test at every working hour from 8 am to 8 pm from Monday to Friday, and from 8 am to 5 pm on Saturday. You just need come to 2 hours prior to closing hour.
- When can I get the results of the test?
Generally, you will be contacted for the result by an admission counselor 2 days at most after you take the test.
- Can I retake the test if I am not satisfied with my results?
The result of your test is valid for 6 months. Therefore, you can take the test again after a period of 6 months.
- How much is one level of IELTS Preparation Courses?
Tuition for one level of IELTS Preparation Courses is $ 200, excluding the cost of an IELTS official test. We offer early bird discount up to 50$ for students who register at least 3 weeks before class.
- Why is tuition fee of one level of an IELTS Preparation Courses so expensive?
In fact, low or high tuition fees reflect the quality of the course and the results the learners get. Most of the students who attend IELTS Preparation Courses at Edniche English School get the results after taking the official IELTS test. The result they get, apparently, can be used to serve their purposes such as applying for scholarships to study abroad or for better jobs. These benefits are surely more valuable than the tuition fees.
- Does Edniche have any discount for this IELTS Preparation Program?
Yes, we do. For those who enroll this IELTS Preparation Courses 3 weeks prior to admission (the schedules of Edniche), they pay only $150 for the one level. Generally, Edniche offers scholarship for those who want to take the course as well. Click here for detail.
- Do I have to pay for books and other documents?
For one level, you need to pay only $10 for 2 books and all documents.